The rental economy in Houston is, in no uncertain terms, growing. It is estimated that the median gross rent in Houston in 2014 was $937, representing a six percent increase from the prior year and a nearly eight percent increase over the past three years. If a property owner plays their cards right, they can enjoy an entirely distinct supplemental stream of income to invest, save or simply spend on themselves and their loved ones. Although there is plenty of opportunity to capitalize on Houston’s rental economy, they need the most experienced, trusted and reputable of property management companies in their corner. Katy Property Management offers a comprehensive, all-inclusive property management experience to help you ensure that you can maximize your rental income potential in the Houston area. Call us today at 281.398.9844 to find out how we can serve your rental property management needs.
Why Choose Rental Property Management Companies?
It’s easy to put an ad online or in the paper announcing a search for tenants for your rental property; however, it could wind up creating serious long-term consequences. The wrong tenant can cause considerable legal problems and property damage, not to mention force you to chase after them for months or even years to recoup your money. Professional house rental companies or apartment rental agencies give you the peace of mind and assurance you deserve by thoroughly vetting your tenant candidates and handling all other administrative issues like rent collection, potential legal issues and much more all for one low monthly fee.
Think of these home rental agencies as your one-stop shop for all your property rental services and the liaison between you and your tenants. It’s also important to remember; however, that not all home rental companies are created equal. Katy Property Management is ready to show you what makes us the area’s commercial and residential property management experts. We also abide by the guidelines of the fair housing act and all local, state and federal landlord/tenant laws.
A Full Menu of Property Management Solutions
When researching real estate management companies in the Houston area, or anywhere else for that matter, it’s important that you enlist the services of a company that can do it all and that charges low property manager fees for their services. Katy Property Management offers a comprehensive array of commercial and residential management services, including but not limited:
- Condominium Management Services
- Vacation Property Management
- Rent Collection
- Property Maintenance
- Application Screening and Processing
- Moving Assistance
- Tenant Relations
- Marketing Assistance
- Comparative Rental Market Analysis
- Accounting Services
- And More
The experienced and qualified professionals at Katy Property Management are well versed in Texas real estate law and the rules of the state governing landlord-tenant relations. We are ready to be your committed advocate through every step of the rental process.
Houston is Booming with New Apartment Units and Rental Properties!
The City of Houston is one of many cities in the nation that has experienced low rental occupancies since 2011. This is a great time for property owners to hire management teams to supervise and run their rental businesses. It gives us at Katy Property Management the ability to prove what we’re made of. With our resources and effective marketing methods, we will help your rental units appeal to a large audience of prospective yet reliable tenants.
The occupancy rate for rentals in Houston may have gone down, but the job growth in Texas could lead to a higher potential for residency. Houston has especially grown and with this growth, more job opportunities have arisen. As the need to fill job openings continues to grow, the need for rental properties will also increase, making it easier to fill your empty units with hardworking tenants.
Finding and Selecting a Property Manager in Houston
Finding the right property manager in Houston isn’t as difficult as you would believe. There are certain things you can look for to assure you hire a professional property team to protect your investment.
- They carry the proper local and state licensing along with any other pertinent certifications proving their authenticity and success in the property management industry.
- They have proven methods when it comes to effective marketing practices for rental units.
- They’ll have more resources to use so they can approach any situation with the utmost confidence.
- You’ll easily find great reviews and ratings for the property management agency online, left by previous clients.
- They’ll have a history proving their ability to maintain and grow a rental property into a lucrative income for the property owner.
Business or Pleasure
At Katy Property Management, we understand the specialized plight of the commercial landowner and that sometimes the world of commercial real estate can be less predictable than the residential. The reality is that businesses fail at a remarkable rate and, whether you own warehouse space, a suite of offices or a retail store, you can easily be left holding the bag when your tenant’s company folds. In order to protect yourself from the worst, considering aligning yourself with Houston’s most trusted and established commercial property management firm. We will be happy to assist with all administrative of the commercial rental process and ensure a mutually advantageous relationship between you and your tenants.
The reality is that you don’t always have the time or inclination to constantly oversee your commercial property. Call Katy Property Management today at 281.398.9844 for the highest-quality and most comprehensive assistance. We very much look forward to hearing from you.
How to Attract the Best Tenants in Houston
In order to attract the best tenants throughout Houston, your property management team will work hard to make your rentals more appealing. There are several ways to attract reliable and hardworking tenants and our professionals at Katy Property Management are capable of doing this using their resources and viable approaches.
- The property will undergo an inspection. During this inspection, any needed cosmetic repairs and maintenance will be noted. Anything that hinders the property from attracting new tenants will be enhanced or repaired by local contract workers hired on by your property manager.
- Your property management team will do research to see how your property rentals compare to others in Houston. Their research along with any updates done to your property after the inspection will be taken into account when an accurate rental rate is determined. Due to their experience in the Houston real estate market, your property manager is capable of producing the best possible rates for your vacant units.
- An effective marketing plan must be in place. Using verifiable online resources and the assistance of reputable real estate agencies, your property will be advertised in the most effective manner. You’re likelier to attract the right Houston tenants when your property is publicized properly and through the right resources.
- Property management will organize open houses and walkthroughs with potential tenants. Open houses that are properly publicized will draw in a crowd. They may even provide those that show up with refreshments and snacks. Applications and flyers featuring the rentals’ amenities will also be provided to anyone interested. Anyone turning in an application will also be expected to pay a small fee for the screening process.
- The screening process for those that filled out applications is the most important part of finding the right tenants. During this screening, a background check, criminal history, and credit history will be pulled up and inspected. All those that don’t meet the standards agreed upon between the property manager and owner will be denied a vacant unit.
Houston Property Management Info Guide
- Houston Renters’ Rights
- Houston Tenant Evictions
- Screening Houston Tenants
- Where to Find Houston Tenants
- 10 Tips to Keep Houston Tenants Happy
- Choosing the Right Houston Property Manager
- Houston Property Management Fees and Rates
- Best Way to Handle Disruptive Tenants in Houston
- Houston Property Management Certifications and Qualifications
- What’s the Difference between a Houston Property Manager and a Houston Rental Agent?